I’ve got a feeling the gratitudes are just going to flow today. Let’s take a look at what we’ve got:
- The dude went to pick up little dude this morning and I all got all morning to write. Tack this on to what I got done yesterday and I got 2.5k words written this weekend and planned out a bunch of new text. That’s small fry compared with what some writers do in a couple of days, but for me that’s a lot!
- I worked out that if I keep up the pace of 1k words a day (unlikely but you never know) I could be done with this first draft by the end of February.
- I talked to another author from my imprint today on the phone. It was cool. She was really nice and easy to talk to and we swapped notes. Also she has a son-in-law who works at William Morris too so that never hurts…
- Still reading “One for One” by Joyo Moynes and loving it. A good book doesn’t come by that often but when you can find one you can really disappear into it’s something special.
- By some miracle the kids have been good all day. Like really good.
- We had rotisserie chicken for dinner and it was yummy dot com and so easy – just whack it on the plate next to some steamed asparagus and we’re all done.
- The dude doesn’t have to work tomorrow on MLK day. It looked like he was going to have to but he went to work tonight instead!
- The dude just got home which means tonight we can have TV time! TV time is rare for me as I get up so early to write that by the time the kids are down, it’s time for me to go to sleep. However MLK day tomorrow means no alarm clock so I can stay up till maybe 10! Wooo hoo!
- I’ve decided to drink no more than one alcoholic drink a day and have so far stuck to it. I had three last night which isn’t unusual and there’s just no need for it. I had a headache for most of the morning this morning and quite frankly I could have done without that. So far I’ve stuck to it. (It’s only been one day and the day’s not over but here’s hoping.)
- The dude actually seems to still be a bit better for therapy. Sundays when the little dude comes back are often difficult but today it seemed to go ok. So yay!